Sunday, June 12, 2011

Farewell Exhibit at Aviary Gallery

I officially left Boston two weeks ago to live in San Francisco, where this fall I will start my pursuit of an MFA at the San Francisco Art Institute. Leaving was a bitter sweet event and to say goodbye properly, The Aviary Gallery let me host a farewell party. The show was so much fun. It was a one night event where me and Amalia hung up over 125 loose prints on the wall. Everyone that came was able to take a print(s) for any welcomed size donation. Everyone was really into this idea and was able to pull the image they wanted directly off the wall. I had a lot of fun signing each print and telling the story behind each image. Amalia kept replenishing the wall with other prints, as people started pulling them off. Overall, it was an amazing time.








2 comments:

Amalia said...

This was such a great night! I'm so glad we were able to do this.

And, I love you :)

New Visions Studio and Gallery said...

Wow! Thanks for posting, this looks really great. Wish I could have been there to see you off, sounded like a really great night. Best of luck to you on your new adventure! Keep us updated on your successes