Thursday, January 21, 2010

Waiting Days: The Seven Books of Orders, Schedules and Notes.

I'm a person who has a hard time throwing things away. I have held on to these seven notepads I used for work for the last couple of years or so. I knew one day they might have some sort of relevance to them. The concepts for this series started to developed as I started to look at most of these pieces as sculptural objects. I started to see a lot about myself in this work, about my habits, personality, moods, and secrets. I feel these pieces can give you a strong sense of me the same way we get a sense of an artist by looking at their work.

Please click on the images for better reading and viewing purposes.

Books 1 to 3: Blue, Green and Black Penway Memo Books. 2007/2008


Books 4 to 6: Blue, Red, Black and Green Mead Memo Books. 2007/2008


Books 7 and 8: Gray and Blue CVS Memo Books. 2007


Passages From Books 1 to 3:
Left:
Smudged Blue Ink Orders. Center: Four Colored Pen Orders. Right: Six Day Work Week.



Passages From Books 4 to 6:
Left: "Do You Ever Just Want to Steal Old Peoples Cains..." Center: End of a Shift Orders. Right: Poetry & To Do's.


Passages From Books 4 to 6:
Left: Martin Munkacis & Henri Cartier-Bresson. Right: One Blank Page.

4 comments:

J'Hab@lavidaveggie said...

Six shifts, all PM, you open on my one day off... no wonder... I just... wow.

Jess said...

Awesome awesome awesome. This is your next show.

Tina Garvin said...

And...were is the check order book I sent you from my waiting day!? it must be included the front and back of the check book...your friend,-Tina
otherwise great idea nice bright and revealing.

MICHELLE MAROON said...

I really love this work John